2013 in Review

It's the start of a new year, a great time to start new resolutions and also a time to reflect on God's great blessings.

Today, January 27, is a memorable day back in 2013. It marks the day that I was released from the hospital after a two week stay. Even though this was a difficult time for me and my family, the Lord pulled us all through stronger in our faith than ever before, so even though I'd rather not go back to the hospital, I'm still thankful for the time spent there.



The Lord used many people at that time to minister to me and pray for us. I can't even begin to name all the people that were praying for me, because I don't know even half of them. I was amazed after I was recovered and around people again to hear just how many people were praying for me! I can safely say that people from coast to coast were praying for me - what an awesome blessing to know that as Christians, where ever we go, we have family!

I'm so thankful for my mother who devoted her every minute to me, used her utmost care in handling me and the situations which sprung up constantly. THANK YOU MOM! I Love you!

Dad, well, he really couldn't be there much because he was running the laundromat. But his prayers were with us and he would make the trip up as much as possible. It was a HUGE blessing that this trial came when Dad wasn't busy at the Ft. and was able to take the time off needed to cover for us. Love ya' Dad!

My Sister and five of her kids came to see me which was a huge encouragement to me since they had just been here two weeks earlier for Christmas. My sister was such a blessing not only to me, but also to mom since she took mom's place, as much as possible, giving mom a break when needed. I Love you Sis! Thank you Matt for allowing her and the kids to come back out! Also, a big thanks to Rebecca's friend Karen for watching the kids which allowed Rebecca to spend a couple long days with us!

My Brother, although he was deployed to Japan at the time and couldn't come or really talk with us, kept in contact with mom via email on a regular basis and I know was praying for me. What a blessing! I Love you Bro!

Grandpa and Grandma made it a point to come up and see me as much as possible in their busy schedule, and even canceled some of their weekly activities just to be with me. There never lacked a day when they didn't bring me a trinket from the gift shop or veggie trays which were always gone by the end of the day. One of the last days before my sister went home, Mom and Dad were gone for the after noon and Grandma brought a large carton of humongous strawberries. Sorry Mom, but the strawberries were gone by the time Mom and Dad got back. :) You're the best Grandpa and Grandma!

Pastor and Mrs. Schultz, what can I say more than they were just there for us in EVERY way imaginable! At least one, if not both of them were there to visit me everyday. They made the trip to Hot Springs on several occasions to help Dad out with the multitude of pressing and laundry. They were there for me when I was going through, what seemed to me, major procedures and were always ready to give a word of encouragement when needed. Othello was the game of the "season," and unless I was under the influence of narcotics, I could hold my ground pretty well. Many rounds of this game were played and Pastor always insisted that we needed to play a game right after I had been administered pain meds because then he might have a chance at winning! I Love you guys!

Grandma Koenig did the best she could "spreading the word" about my sickness which allows me to say people for coast to coast were praying. Thank You Grandma!

My church family was such a blessing. All the cards, short visits, emails, and texts were such an encouragement. Just to know that they were praying for me was enough to keep me going.  Thank You all!

A young lady, who has gone through so many health problems of her own, was such an encouragement to me via text and example. She reminded me constantly to keep the joy of the Lord written on my life even when things were tough because, through it all, God is good. Thank you Allison! You're the best!

I want to say a special "Thank You" to all those not listed here. This post would never end if I listed everyone - even if I knew everyone. You all were such a blessing, don't ever doubt that!

Those two weeks in the hospital built my faith, and showed me just how blessed I was with health. Now I can look back and see that there was a purpose, just like in everything. Isaiah 55:8-9 ~ "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Thank You all for being there for me!
Kinzie

Comments

Popular Posts